a story taking place 13,000km away.

Friday, June 01, 2007

christchurch v1.1

on the road north to christchurch. the solo tour again. at the base of a giant lake with mountains all around us we stopped at one of new zealand's most photographed churches. all stone. small, maybe 45 ft x 18 ft. inside there are no stained glass windows as the congregation (of all christian faiths) believed the natural view to be more beautiful. inside the church i prayed for my grandfather. it seemed to be right. on god's doorstep. sometimes a view can inspire faith.

back at the hostel in christchurch where my roomies were the silent type. so i went to see bobby by myself. my dad would be proud - not only did i sneak a drink in to the movie, but two bags of microwave popcorn i popped before i left the hostel. the movie was fine, kind of like one long cameo for stars.

on the way home i thought about how much i will miss christchurch. outside my hostel were palm trees. i could see my breath.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Han Solo tour stop at the church is exactly what the doctor ordered. Grampa continues to confound his doctors and prayers seem to be answered. As the Doobie Brothers say "he keeps on running".
Nice to see you 'economized' at the movies. You would have also made your Gramma proud. Cash is king.
I do not think that you will leave any part of this trip behind. The memories will be tattooed into your soul. I can feel the changes. What a ride. More around the corner.

Love to you both,

Mom & Dad P.

8:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home